While some theory is presented, the focus is upon practical issues; guided discussions and cases. During the workshop, comprised of instructional sessions and practical hands-on learning, you will gain the skills and strategies to develop a well documented, evidence based operating budget for your area of responsibility.
Enrolment is limited to ensure participants have every opportunity to engage in active and personalized earning.
- Learn financial terminology
- Be provided with sufficient information to plan and allocate fiscal resources most effectively
- Understand the budget process and know the roles of the key players
- Identify and understand the factors that influence budget preparation
- Learn how to use financial indicators to validate operating budget requests
- Have a better understanding of how budgets are approved – presenting and defending your budget
- Learn about budgeting for Capital expenditures
- The big picture
- Key players / Roles
- Predicting vs. Forecasting
- Forecasting methodologies
- Supplies and Other Expenses
- Preparing the defense
- Presenting and defending your budget
- Capital defined
- Sources of capital financing
- Capital budgeting process
- Building your case
- Financial aspects
- Calculating payback
Who Should Attend
- Non-financial managers and supervisors seeking a better understanding of how operating and capital budgets are prepared
- Department Directors
- Program Managers and Directors
- Health care executives
- Physician leaders
Eric Sparks, CHE is President of MedEKS Technologies Inc., a company specializing in Health Information Management support and Management Education services to Canadian hospitals and healthcare professionals. Eric has successfully delivered Financial Management and Budgeting programs to healthcare organizations and healthcare managers from coast to coast for more than 20 years.
Prior to forming MedEKS, Eric held progressively more responsible positions in Healthcare Financial Management and Administration.
Date & TimeThis workshop will be delivered on the following dates:
- April 28, May 5, 12, 19, 26, 2021
COMING THIS FALL
Substitutions, Cancellations and Refunds
Substitution of registrants is permitted at any time.
If you are unable to find a substitute, a full refund, less $50 Administration fee, when a cancellation request is received in writing 14 days prior to the workshop start date.
No other refund is available.
Note – refunds will be processed within 7 days of receipt of cancellation