The Workshop has been specifically developed for HIM leaders.
A central issue and urgent concern to managers and administrators of health care organizations is the area if fiscal resource management and accountability. This practical workshop provides a proven methodology for identifying and quantifying causes of budgetary variances.
While some theory is presented, the focus is upon guided discussions and cases. In this workshop, comprised of instructional sessions and practical hands-on learning, you will gain the skills and strategies to identify and quantify budgetary variances and develop corrective action plans to address them.
Enrollment is limited to ensure participants have every opportunity to engage in active and personalized earning.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn strategies for improving financial management of your area(s) of responsibility
- Understand the variance analysis process and know the roles of the key players
- Learn budget management financial terminology
- Identify and understand the factors that influence budget variances
- Learn how to use financial indicators to help compute budgetary variances
- Where variance analysis fits into budget cycle
- Following budget approval
- Steps in the control process
- Measuring performance
- Broad categories of variances
Month End Process
- Data validation
- Volume/Price variance calculations
- Determine reasons for variances
- Determine corrective action requirements
- Report of Findings
- Action plan implementation
Who Should Attend
- Department Directors
- Managers and Supervisors seeking a better understanding of how operating and capital budgets are prepared
- Individuals aspiring to become HIM Managers
Eric Sparks, CHE is President of MedEKS Technologies Inc., a company specializing in Health Information Management support and Management Education services to Canadian hospitals and healthcare professionals. Eric has successfully delivered Financial Management and Budgeting programs to healthcare organizations and healthcare managers from coast to coast.
Prior to forming MedEKS, Eric held progressively more responsible positions in Healthcare Financial Management and Administration.
Date & Time
This workshop will be delivered over six days on the following dates:
- October 19, 21, 26, 28, November 2 & 4, 2021
- All sessions will be delivered: 12:00 to 1:00 PM ET, On line – Live – Interactive
COMING THIS FALL
Substitutions, Cancellations and Refunds
Substitution of registrants is permitted at any time.
If you are unable to find a substitute, a full refund, less $50 Administration fee, when a cancellation request is received in writing 14 days prior to the workshop start date.
No other refund is available.
Note – refunds will be processed within 7 days of receipt of cancellation