A central issue and urgent concern to managers and administrators of health care organizations is the area if fiscal resource management and accountability. This practical workshop provides a proven methodology for identifying and quantifying causes of budgetary variances.
While some theory is presented, the focus is upon guided discussions and cases. In this workshop, comprised of instructional sessions and practical hands-on learning, you will gain the skills and strategies to identify and quantify budgetary variances and develop corrective action plans to address them.
Enrollment is limited to ensure participants have every opportunity to engage in active and personalized earning.
- Where variance analysis fits into budget cycle
- Following budget approval
- Steps in the control process
- Measuring performance
- Broad categories of variances
Month End Process
- Data validation
- Volume/Price variance calculations
- Determine reasons for variances
- Determine corrective action requirements
- Report of Findings
- Action plan implementation
Who Should Attend
- Non-financial managers and supervisors seeking a better understanding of how operating and capital budgets are prepared
- Department Directors
- Program Managers and Directors
- Health care executives
- Physician leaders
Eric Sparks, CHE is President of MedEKS Technologies Inc., a company specializing in Health Information Management support and Management Education services to Canadian hospitals and healthcare professionals. Eric has successfully delivered Financial Management and Budgeting programs to healthcare organizations and healthcare managers from coast to coast.
Prior to forming MedEKS, Eric held progressively more responsible positions in Healthcare Financial Management and Administration.
Date & TimeThis workshop will be delivered on the following dates:
- April 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27, 2021
COMING THIS FALL
Substitutions, Cancellations and Refunds
Substitution of registrants is permitted at any time.
If you are unable to find a substitute, a full refund, less $50 Administration fee, when a cancellation request is received in writing 14 days prior to the workshop start date.
No other refund is available.
Note – refunds will be processed within 7 days of receipt of cancellation